Have you ever found yourself looking in the mirror and hating what you see?
Are you worried about your weight, your health, and your flabby abs?
Well, don’t panic!
There’s hope as long as you’re willing to commit to a plan.
Sit up bench exercises.
Heres how to do it:
How to Build a Strong Core With Sit up Bench Exercises
An adjustable sit up bench is one of the most efficient ways to firm up a flabby belly.
Great abs are sexy and healthy.
While you’re flattening your stomach, you’ll also be strengthening your all-important core muscles by working from the inside out.
Some benefits of a healthy core include:
- helping to prevent injury,
- protection for your inner organs and central nervous system,
- decreased back pain (but check with your doctor before starting),
- and a strong, confident posture.
Sounds nice, huh?
Now, let’s look at some sit up bench exercises to strengthen that core of yours!
You will need an adjustable bench for these exercises. Incline and decline are basically the same since you just position yourself differently on the bench.
A bench with padded foot restraint attachments would be a definite plus, since securing your feet without them will require some ingenuity on your part.
Start here and remember your breathing: exhale during exertion, and inhale as you relax.
“Correct breathing techniques when you’re doing stomach exercises — or being physically active in general — can make a huge difference in the outcome of your workout. Breathing correctly means your workout can leave you feeling energized, while improper breathing can leave you feeling fatigued.”
Reference: livestrong.com – Breathing Techniques for Stomach Exercises
Okay, let’s go:
- Sit down and grasp the edge of the bench and raise legs to a position just lower than parallel to the floor.
- Lean back so that body forms a 45-degree angle.
- Exhale as you simultaneously sit up and bring your knees toward chest.
- Inhale as you return to starting position.
Incline Leg Rise
- Lay face up in an inclined position.
- Hold on to the edge of your bench.
- Exhale and bring knees to chest and hold a second.
- Then inhale as you extend your legs downward.
Decline Bench Crunch
- Secure legs at the top of the bench.
- Place fingers behind your head, and push the lower part of your back into the bench.
- Exhale while lifting your shoulders about 4″ off the bench.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
Decline Sit Ups
- Secure feet at the top of the bench.
- Exhale, and lift your torso until almost parallel to the floor, -but not all the way.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
** You may be wondering, “What is the difference between sit-ups and crunches?” The difference is that the sit-up uses a longer movement than the crunch, activating different muscles and achieving different results for your workout. Combine them for maximum results.
Medicine Ball Abdominal Exercise
Hold the ball tightly between your knees as you do sit-ups.
Feel the burn!
Bench Leg Rises
- Using flat bench position, let your legs hang off the side for maximum benefits and slowly raise legs to perpendicular to the floor.
- Hold for 1 second, then slowly lower them to the starting position.
There are different variations of this exercise, and all are meant to strengthen your back muscles. This version is performed on your sit up bench while in a flat position.
- Lay face down on the bench and let your legs hang off the end.
- Then slowly lift chest and back off the bench as far as you can manage,
before slowly returning to the starting position.
Lay on your side while doing sit-ups, strengthens your obliques (side muscles).
Decline Chest Press
There are variations on this exercise that target different muscles in your chest.
- Do this one with your head lower than your body and using dumbbells of a reasonable weight for you.
- Keeping arms close to sides, lift the dumbbells straight up and away from you.
- Then lower to just above your chest, repeating as many times as you feel comfortable without overdoing it.
Even though you’re not using super-heavy barbells, it’s always safer if you have a spotter to help you out.
Decline Bench Butt Lifts
- With your head up, grab the bench by your ears and bring your knees to your chest.
- Then thrust your legs outward and lift your butt off the bench as high as possible.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Needs no explanation, and yes – they can be done on a flat bench, working from your knees instead of your feet.
Tips on How to Use a Sit up Bench
Final Words: Build a Killer Core With an Adjustable Sit Up Bench
An adjustable sit-up bench is a good investment and is absolutely an investment worth considering if you are looking to have your own home gym.
It is a more considerable investment than some of the simpler gadgets for sit-ups, but so much more diverse, and you’ll definitely find that it pays in the long run.
Take a look at my best sit up bench reviews to find a bench ideally suited YOUR needs.
Well, there you have it.
Good luck as you seek better health and a sexy figure!